Looking for a quick & tasty lunch on the go? Make up a batch of my Beef & Cheese Taco Cups! They are grain & gluten free and taste AMAZING — hot or cold! These are especially awesome for the kiddos & are great to send with them to school in their lunch. Seriously, who doesn’t LOVE tacos?? You make a simple dough and press it into a muffin pan, fill with cooked taco meat & top with lots of cheddar cheese – bake & enjoy! These taste like little portable, grain & gluten free tacos!
For the Crust:
For the Filling:
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- - Taco Seasoning
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese preferably organic & raw
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In the bowl of your food processor combine all the dry ingredients for the crust and pulse a few times to combine well.
- Add in fat and pulse a few times..
- Add in egg and pulse a few times..
- Add water as needed to make a dough that resembles a pie crust dough - it should be dry but stay together - add water in very small increments if needed
- Allow dough to chill for at least 30 minutes to overnight tightly wrapped in plastic.
- While your dough is chilling, cook your beef and season with taco seasoning according to package taco seasoning direction - set aside
- Remove your dough from the fridge and divide into 12 equal portions
- Press each portion into an individual cup of a muffin pan - spreading with your fingers up the sides
- Fill each dough cup with 1/12th of the taco meat and 1/12th of the cheese
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees F
- Remove from pan & cool