This is what I call a “stupid-simple” canning recipe. Anyone can make these…And they are a much healthier alternative to the artificially (toxic) bright yellow colored stuff at the store! However, if you don’t want to go through the canning process you can simple store your completed jars in the refrigerator… it will take a few weeks for the flavors to develop, but they will still be very good! You can also control the heat by adding more or less peppers.. I like to do all my jars with 1 cayenne pepper then add more peppers to some of the jars.. hungarian wax pepper, jalapeños, cherry bells, habaneros, etc. all work very well!! You can also add in thick slices of carrots for color and variety.
Hot & Spicy, Pickled Cauliflower
- Combine vinegar, water and sea salt in a pot and bring to a simmer
- Pack sterilized jars with cauliflower, hot pepper, garlic clove, mustard seed and black peppercorns
- Fill jars with hot brine, leaving 1/2 in headspace & remove air bubbles
- Clean jar rims, and secure two-piece lids
- Process 10 minutes in a boiling water bath.