Quick, healthy and delicious my My 15 Minute Sausage Kale Soup is the perfect comfort food for a chilly winter day.
Today is a typical lazy winter-Saturday at our house. We skipped breakfast and set our sights on an early lunch instead.
We quickly tossed together my My 15 Minute Sausage Kale Soup, using ingredients we already had on hand.
And I have BIG NEWS: I even took a video of it for you too!
I guess despite the slow start, I haven’t been too lazy 😛
What do you think about my video?? Do you love it? or hate it??
Should I do more of these cute little videos?
I honestly am so tired after a marathon of research, cooking, recording and editing that I can’t find anything else whitty to say about this recipe other than it’s delicious, try it. You can thank me later.
Now it’s time for a well deserved glass of wine to celebrate my video success. Cheers!
- 3 slices bacon, chopped
- 1/2 pound pork sausage or hot Italian
- 1 small Onion
- 1 large chopped shallot or extra onion
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 medium peeled & diced Carrots
- 2 tablespoons Homemade Seasoned Salt <-- please use my recipe!
- 1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 4 cups Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 bunch fresh kale leaves removed from stems
- 1 cup Heavy Cream, A2 Pasture Raised or coconut cream
- In a heavy bottomed pot or dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from pot to reserve for garnish, leaving fat.
- Cook sausage in bacon fat over medium heat, until no longer pink. Add garlic, onions, shallots, carrot and seasonings, cook 2-3 minutes or until onion is soft and translucent.
- Add broth, cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes just to lightly cook the carrots.
- Add kale, cover and steam for 1-2 minutes.
- Add heavy cream, stir well. Turn off heat.
- Serve immediately with reserved bacon as garnish.