Low-Carb Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
No this isn’t a duplicate post. After several requests for a Low-Carb version of my Homemade Thai Sweet Chili Sauce, I jumped into the kitchen and created the perfect homemade Low-Carb Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe just for you!
The secret to making Low Carb Thai Sweet Chili Sauce is using THIS sweetener. It has very similar properties to regular sugar, it is a great 1:1 replacement in a wide variety of uses from baking to thai sweet chili sauce. While there are carbohydrates in it, they are sugar alcohols that do not raise your blood glucose. After using if for the past year, I can honestly say that is is my favorite low-carb sweetener.
This sauce has roughly 13g net carbs in the entire 1 cup batch – the carbs are coming from garlic, coconut aminos and ketchup.
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener
- 1/4 cup Rice Vinegar
- 1/4 cup Water, filtered
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- 1/8+ teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 pinch Sea Salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, simmer about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, allow to cool then pour into a glass jar/container. Low-Carb Thai Sweet Chili Sauce will keep for weeks in the fridge.
Can I use a different sweetener other then swerve?! And can the chili’s be canned or do they have to be fresh!? Thanks in advance can’t wait to try!!
You can use any sweetener that works for you, however the level of sweetness may be different! The peppers are Crushed Red Pepper Flake, click the link in the recipe for further clarification.