Seafood Salad Recipe is a summertime classic, chock full of shrimp and imitation crab in a delicious mayonnaise based creamy dressing. This recipe for seafood salad is easy to make and perfect for a light lunch, quick meal or even to serve at a party!
I’ve been making this seafood salad for years, as it’s one of my husband’s favorite cold salads. It’s my re-creation of a popular deli salad, hence the inclusion of imitation crab, or surimi. If you prefer, you can substitute lump crabmeat. serve this as a sandwich, on top of salad greens, or—our favorite way—right out of the bowl with a fork.
Almost all imitation crab meat that’s out there contains wheat, which means it is not gluten-free. THIS BRAND makes imitation crab meat that does not use gluten ingredients, the company makes their products in a dedicated gluten-free facility and is GMO free!
- 8 ounces Raw Wild Caught Shrimp cooked and peeled
- 8 ounces imitation crab
- 1/3 cup Crème Fraîche
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 rib celery finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon organic dried dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon organic dried chives
- 1/2 medium lemon(s) juiced
- sea salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Coarsely chop the shrimp, and shred the crab. Combine in a large bowl with celery and onion.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Crème Fraîche, mayonnaise, dill, parsley, chives, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Toss the dressing with the seafood. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 1 hour prior to serving.