Phew, what a day! It’s always so hectic the day before I serve up deliciousness at the Morgantown Farmers Market (Sat. 6/17 from 8:30 to Noon) .. This week I’m featuring Grass Fed Beef Short Ribs from my friends at Working H Meats & Market – Made into Korean Short Ribs and served up as Mini-Tacos!
Aren’t they adorable?!
Here’s the thing, because making 20 pounds of short ribs took all….day….long…. I didn’t get a chance to take all the pretty photos I needed before the rain moved in BUT I didn’t want to make you wait for this recipe – so this one photo will have to do for now!
Pretty Please…. with coconut sugar on top?!?
After you taste these, melt in your mouth, sweet and savory Korean BBQ Short Ribs, I just knew you’d HAVE to put them on your menu for next week!
Part of the hecticness of today wasn’t JUST cooking the short ribs but creating recipes for BOTH your pressure cooker and your slow cooker.
Different strokes for different folks, right?
Personally, I suggest going with the pressure cooker version to save time AND the short ribs might be just a tad more tender.
No matter what way you decide to make your Korean BBQ Short Ribs – after your short ribs are cooked through and tender, you’ll want to reduce the remaining liquid into an amazing Korean BBQ Sauce.
Keep in mind, when cooking short ribs, they have lots of fat…. that what makes the meat so melt in your mouth delicious! If you’re going to shred them for tacos, be prepared to have extra fat left over —we turned ours into eggs (aka fed it to our backyard flock of chickens)
Pickled Cucumber Radish Salad
- cucumber thinly sliced
- radish thinly sliced
- Organic Rice Vinegar
- Place all ingredients in your slow cooker, mix. Cook on HIGH for 8 hours or until tender.
- Remove ribs and transfer juice to a sauce pan and over medium/high heat, reduce the sauce until desired thickness.
- Cook under pressure for 45 minutes, naturally depressuirze.
- Remove ribs and using the saute/high function on your pressure cooker, reduce the sauce until desired thickness.
- Toss thinly sliced veggies with a sprinkle of rice vinegar. Enjoy immediately.