I came up with these little cupcakes as a quick and easy sweet treat, I’ll be using them as a base for wonderful recipes in the near future.. (just to give you a hint, they make a wonderful base for strawberries and whipped (coconut) cream!!)
Here’s what you need to make 9 cupcakes:
- 1/2c Butter, room temperature
- 1/2c Coconut Sugar (buy HERE)
- 2 Eggs, local & free range please!
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract (buy HERE)
- 3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract (click HERE for my recipe to make your own)
- 1/2c White Rice flour (buy HERE)
- 1/3c Tapioca starch (buy HERE)
- 1 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line your cupcake pan with unbleached liners (buy HERE)
- Beat butter in the mixer until light and creamy.
- Add coconut sugar. Beat again for several minutes (3-4) on medium until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg. Beat for 2 minutes. Add next egg and beat again 2 more minutes.
- Add extracts. Mix in.
- Sift together flours, baking powder and salt. Add to cake batter. Mix in carefully so as not to lose the softness created from mixing in the eggs/sugar.
- Drop by spoonfuls, will yield 9 cupcakes
- Bake until the top is just golden brown and a toothpick (or cake tester) inserted comes out shiny but not sticky – about 18-20 minutes. Check your cake as you approach the 15 minute mark at a minimum to avoid over-baking.
- Allow to cool in the pan before removing.