Tired of eating the same old recipes? Throw them out and make a couple Salami Pinwheels. Your friends and family will devour these savory low-carb appetizers! You won’t be disappointed!
Most of favorite childhood memories are centered around my Grandma Elsie and her kitchen. I remember thinking that she was crazy for taking so much time to smear softened cream cheese on individual slices of salami and roll them up for me to nosh on, however over the years I’ve found myself making them more and more often, not only are there a fond childhood memory, they are delightfully delicious!
But, I had to find a way to make it them easier to make. Instead of making a bunch of individual snacks, I came up with a really easy way to make a large sushi roll style pinwheel. And I must say they look super fancy and are the perfect addition to an antipasto plater, appetizer bar or even a Super Bowl snack spread!
- 6 ounces Cream Cheese warmed to room temp.
- 8 ounces Salami thinly sliced
- Using a hand or stand mixer, whip your room temperature cream cheese until light and fluffy. Place a large piece of plastic wrap on your counter top and spread your softened cream cheese into a rectangle (roughly 8 x 12)
- Arrange slices of salami on top of the cream cheese, overlapping to minimize holes exposing the cream cheese.
- Place another piece of plastic wrap on top of the salami (so that both sides are fully covered with plastic wrap -top & bottom) then lightly roll with a rolling pin.
- Flip over your cream cheese & salami, and remove the plastic wrap from the cream cheese side. (yes it pulls off easily!)
- Similar to rolling sushi, tightly roll from the short edge, removing plastic wrap as you go.
- Twist the edges and lightly roll to tighten the roll.. refrigerate for at least 1 hours to chill.
- Remove plastic wrap and carefully slice with a sharp knife. Aren’t they pretty!?!