Chicken stock, beef stock, pork stock.. it all is the same when it comes to canning….. This is such a quick and easy recipe 🙂 I would rather “can” my stock instead of storing it in the freezer… why waste the space and electricity??? And it’s so easy to pull out a jar of stock – it doesn’t require thawing!!
Here’s how to Can Chicken Stock:
- Wash & Sterilize your jars (I sterilize mine in the oven at 215 for 30 minutes on a cookie sheet)
- Heat your lids in a pot of water over medium heat
- Heat your stock until it’s just about simmering…
- Fill your sterilized jars with hot stock, leaving 1 inch head space
- Secure 2 part lids
- Pressure can at 10 pounds of pressure for 20 min for Pints and 30 min for Quarts…
Yes. You MUST Pressure Can stock. No excuses…. well unless you want to get really, really sick! Oh if you want to can stock with meat chunks in it.. increase your times to 1 hr for pints and 1 hr + 15 min for quarts!