It’s universally accepted that breaded chicken is one of the most popular foods. With choices from southern fried chicken, chicken fried steak to chicken nuggets, there’s a favorite for everyone to choose from.
These Baked Chicken Dippers and Ranch are my favorite breaded chicken recipe – the breading is crispy and flavorful, yet the interior chicken is tender and juicy. And is especially delicious when dipped in my creamy homemade ranch dip!
And, because they are baked – you won’t make a giant oil-splatted mess on your stove!
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a cookie sheet with a silpat or parchment paper for easier cleanup.
- Arrange chicken tenders on a cutting board.
- Pound chicken tenders with a meat mallet to make them roughly 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. This will help them to cook uniformly and be tender/juicy.
- Bread chicken pieces by dipping in beaten egg and then in the breading mix, coating completely.
- Arrange breaded chicken pieces on your cookie sheet and bake for 15+ minutes at 400, or until cooked through and crispy. Flip your chicken every 5 minutes for even crispness.
- While chicken is baking, make your ranch dip and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Remove chicken from the oven when lightly browned, crispy and cooked through. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!