Easy Baked Salmon with Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce
Not only am I exited to share this recipe for Oven Baked Salmon Asparagus & Spaghetti Squash with Lemon Beurre Blanc because it’s delicious, but I also because it sounds super fancy. While a Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce may sound intimidating, rest assured it’s super easy and you will quickly be obsessed, just like me!
Beurre blanc — literally translated from French as “white butter” — is a hot emulsified butter sauce made with a reduction of vinegar and/or white wine and shallots into which cold, whole butter is slowly whisked in. (Similar to hollandaise sauce)
To kick up the flavor even more, I like to add in fresh squeezed lemon!
Oven Baked Salmon Asparagus & Spaghetti Squash with Lemon Beurre BlancPrint Pin Facebook
- 2 4-6 ounce wild caught salmon filet
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- fresh or frozen Asparagus
- Cooked Spaghetti Squash
Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce
- 1/4 cup shallots, finely chopped
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Butter (or ghee) cut into 8-1 inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange salmon skin-side-down, season with salt and pepper and drizzle the tops with olive oil. Bake uncovered at 425 for 10 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, make your Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce.
- In a small sauce pan, combine 1/4 cup finely diced onion, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup wine and simmer over medium heat until reduced to a thick mixture (7-8 min).
- Whisk in 1/2 cup cream and as soon as it comes to a simmer, reduce to low heat and slowly whisk in the butter, one piece at a time (whisking constantly). Season with sea salt to taste. Remove from heat and cover with a lid to keep warm until ready to serve. *
- After baking your salmon for 10 minutes, add fresh or frozen asparagus (drizzle with olive oil and seasoned with S&P) and bake for an additional 5+ minutes or until both the salmon and asparagus are cooked.
- Serve Salmon and Asparagus on top of a bed of cooked Spaghetti Squash. Drizzle with Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce.
easy and yummy!
This was so good and so easy to make!!!
Even the asparagus was well received by the teen daughter.
Made this for dinner tonight and it was AMAZING – wanted to lick the plate!
Thank you for the lower carb recipe!!