Not only am I exited to share this recipe for Oven Baked Salmon Asparagus & Spaghetti Squash with Lemon Beurre Blanc because it’s delicious, but I also because it sounds super fancy. While a Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce may sound intimidating, rest assured it’s super easy and you will quickly be obsessed, just like me!
Beurre blanc — literally translated from French as “white butter” — is a hot emulsified butter sauce made with a reduction of vinegar and/or white wine and shallots into which cold, whole butter is slowly whisked in. (Similar to hollandaise sauce)
To kick up the flavor even more, I like to add in fresh squeezed lemon!
Oven Baked Salmon Asparagus & Spaghetti Squash with Lemon Beurre BlancPrint Pin Rate
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange salmon skin-side-down, season with salt and pepper and drizzle the tops with olive oil. Bake uncovered at 425 for 10 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, make your Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce.
- In a small sauce pan, combine 1/4 cup finely diced onion, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup wine and simmer over medium heat until reduced to a thick mixture (7-8 min).
- Whisk in 1/2 cup cream and as soon as it comes to a simmer, reduce to low heat and slowly whisk in the butter, one piece at a time (whisking constantly). Season with sea salt to taste. Remove from heat and cover with a lid to keep warm until ready to serve. *
- After baking your salmon for 10 minutes, add fresh or frozen asparagus (drizzle with olive oil and seasoned with S&P) and bake for an additional 5+ minutes or until both the salmon and asparagus are cooked.
- Serve Salmon and Asparagus on top of a bed of cooked Spaghetti Squash. Drizzle with Lemon Beurre Blanc Sauce.