It’s almost surprising that such my rich and delicious Gluten-Free Crab Bisque can be made in less than 30 minutes, and it isn’t thickened with grains!
My Gluten-Free Crab Bisque can also be made with a combination of crab, shrimp, and lobster to make a seafood bisque, if desired.
- 2 tablespoons Organic Grass-Fed Butter or Ghee
- 1 small Onion
- 1 clove Garlic pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons organic potato starch
- 2 cups Chicken Bone Broth or vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 cups Heavy Cream, A2 Pasture Raised
- 1 pound lump crabmeat canned or fresh
- Sea Salt to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt the butter. Sauté the onion and garlic until soft, 2 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle the potato starch over the vegetables and whisk in the broth until combined with no lumps.
- Add the tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, Old Bay, and cayenne pepper, and stir to combine. Reduce the heat to low, and add the heavy cream.
- Gently add in the crabmeat, being careful not to completely break up the chunks of meat. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until heated through. Season with the salt and pepper.