WOW. I didn’t expect this last minute – toss together side dish – to turn out so delicious! But this Ramp and Anchovy Carbonara Pasta is definitely going into our spring meal rotation.
That is…. as long as the ramps last……. when the ramps are done it’s always such a sad time 🙁
Of course I made this with gluten-free pasta, but you are welcome to use regular old wheat pasta if that’s your thing.
It’s shocking how well the flavors of Ramps and Anchovies go together. It’s almost like they were made for each other.
For this dish I use just a few ramp bulbs and several hand fulls of lightly chopped ramp greens, if you don’t have lots of greens you can also use some baby spinach.
It’s it beautiful too? I served this for dinner with oven roasted chicken legs and it was so freakin’ good! I can’t wait to make it again – and to hear what you think! Please comment with what you think of this recipe – I love hearing from you!
For more Delicious Ramp Recipes try these next:
- 1/2 box Gluten Free Pasta
- 4 medium ramp bulbs, finely chopped or garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Organic Grass-Fed Butter or Ghee
- 2 ounces anchovy paste
- 1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 2 medium Egg YOLK(s), Organic Pasture Raised
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 +/- handfulls ramp greens or baby spinach
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook pasta according to the directions on the package, making sure to leave you pasta al dente (do not over cook) **When your pasta is done, reserve 2 cups of cooking liquid. **
- While your water is heating up/pasta is cooking - prepare your sauce....
- In a large skillet, saute ramp bulbs in olive oil & butter, add anchovy paste, crushed red pepper. Cook for 1-2 minutes over medium heat, add lemon juice.
- Lightly beat egg yolks while slowly adding 1/2 cup of reserved pasta liquid.
- Reduce heat to low and Add cooked pasta into the skillet and quickly toss with beaten egg mixture.
- Add ramp greens and some parmesan cheese, tossing to wilt greens.. Add additional reserved pasta cooking water to create more sauce as needed.
- Garnish individual plates with the rest of the parmesan cheese and additional chopped raw ramps, if desired.