I know this sounds so strange. I admit when I first heard of it I thought there is no way these Gluten-Free Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings will turn out yummy.. apparently I was wrong or I wouldn’t be sharing it with you, right?! And you can you imagine Gluten, Dairy, Egg, Soy, Nut and Corn Free?!?
I love, love, love buffalo wings dipped in my homemade creamy ranch dressing. The vinegar-tang with the cayenne spice paired with the coolness of the creamy dip.. but if you get them out at a restaurant they are confinement raised chicken wings fried in yucky gluten-contaminated soy oil OR if you take the time to make them at home and who needs all that mess and hassle?
These Gluten-Free Crispy Buffalo Cauliflower Wings are a great alternative to Buffalo Chicken Wings… And it might shock you but these are BAKED and made using my new favorite grain & gluten free flour; Cassava Flour from Otto’s Natural (only use this brand, other brands are not as awesome, trust me!) So, clean up is super easy! …..but if you want to fry them, they are excellent quickly fried in palm oil or lard.
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- Buffalo Wing Sauce: Combine everything together in a small pot and heat up
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F and line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper.
- Break/cut your cauliflower into small bite-sized florets.
- Combine Flour and seasonings in a bowl and set aside. Combine water and hot sauce, pour into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add additional water to thin batter as needed ... Coat individual florets of cauliflower and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 450 for 25-30 minutes on your middle oven rack until crispy. Drizzle with hot sauce mix and Enjoy!