I’ve been talking a lot about my paleo, grain free french bread for the past few weeks on instagram. And I’ve promised all of you the recipe before christmas…..
Although we don’t “buy” holiday gifts, I’m excited to give this gift to all of you!! It’s kind-of my thing, although we don’t purchase gifts we do like to do give our friends and family our time. Just today (Sunday) we spent the afternoon with family and on Christmas this year we’ll be spending time watching Soylent Green…. and of course eating yummy, healthy foods!
And my gift to you is this super-amazing recipe!!!!
I’ve never been a much of a sandwich eater, however I LOVE a slice of homemade, warm, crusty french bread slathered with butter. It’s the one food I’ve been missing desperately. And this super easy, grain-free french bread is amazingly close to what I remember eating before I went gluten-free!
It’s so good that our family (Uncle Roy & Aunt Marge from Michigan, who aren’t even GF) loved my GF french bread sample so much, that we all ate more of it than the conventional grain & gluten containing biscuits during our annual family holiday dinner today!!!
To me that’s the ultimate compliment, when folks that aren’t even GF are excited to eat my creations and are looking forward to my recipes, I feel like I’ve done good!
So, no matter who you are, you’ll love this bread. With the instant, rapid rise yeast and quick prep, my grain free french bread will satisfy everyone, including the cook! It won’t take much extra time since it does not require extra time to rise. From start to eat – it takes about an hour!
Oh and one last thing, I recommend using a French Loaf Pan to make this bread. Since the dough is more of a batter than a traditional dough, the shape of the pan is what helps to form the loves into a baguette shape. I recommend THIS pan French Loaf Pan.
- 1 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 2/3 cup Warm Water, filtered 90-115 degrees F
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 3 large Organic Pasture Raised Egg WHITE(s)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 packages instant, rapid rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (with mother)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Cut a 6 inch wide piece of parchment paper and line 2 wells of a french bread pan. It will keep the dough into the french bread shape
- Combine dry ingredients in the bowl of your mixer.
- Add olive oil and egg white and mix until combined.
- Add vinegar, honey and water, beat for 2 minute until you get a soft dough.
- Divide the dough in half and spoon into each (2) parchment lined wells of a french bread pan. Using wet finger and/or wet rubber spatula, smoothing the top. Cut slanted slices in the top of the dough using a very sharp knife.
- Place pan (with dough) into cold oven
- Turn (cold oven containing dough) on, to 400 degrees and set timer for 35 , minutes.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until bread is lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes on a cooling rack prior to cutting and smearing with butter.