My Grain Free French Bread will satisfy all your cravings with out the gluten or grains! With the perfect crunchy crust, just begging for a smear of butter or made into a sandwich. Paleo, gluten-free and vegetarian friendly.
I’ve never been a much of a sandwich eater, however I LOVE a slice of homemade, warm, crusty french bread slathered with butter. It’s the one food I’ve been missing desperately since staying away from gluten & grains. And this super easy, grain-free french bread is amazingly close to what I remember eating before I went gluten-free!
It’s so good that our family (who aren’t grain free) loved my gluten free french bread so much, that we all ate more of it than the conventional biscuits during our annual family holiday dinner!!!
To me that’s the ultimate compliment, when folks that aren’t gluten free are excited to eat my creations and are looking forward to my recipes, I feel like I’ve done good!
So, no matter who you are, you’ll love this bread. With the instant, rapid rise yeast and quick prep, my grain free french bread will satisfy everyone, including the cook! It won’t take much extra time since it does not require extra time to rise. From start to eat – it takes about an hour!
Oh and one last thing, I recommend using a French Loaf Pan to make this bread. Since the dough is more of a batter than a traditional dough, the shape of the pan is what helps to form the loves into a baguette shape. I recommend THIS pan French Loaf Pan.
Grain-Free French Bread Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch
- 2/3 cup Warm Water, filtered 90-115 degrees F
- 1/2 cup Arrowroot Starch
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 3 large Egg WHITE(s), Organic Pasture Raised
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 packages instant, rapid rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Organic Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (with mother)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Cut a 6 inch wide piece of parchment paper and line 2 wells of a french bread pan. It will keep the dough into the french bread shape
- Combine dry ingredients in the bowl of your mixer.
- Add olive oil and egg white and mix until combined.
- Add vinegar, honey and water, beat for 2 minute until you get a soft dough.
- Divide the dough in half and spoon into each (2) parchment lined wells of a french bread pan. Using wet finger and/or wet rubber spatula, smoothing the top. Cut slanted slices in the top of the dough using a very sharp knife.
- Place pan (with dough) into cold oven
- Turn (cold oven containing dough) on, to 400 degrees and set timer for 35, minutes.
- Bake 35-40 minutes, or until bread is lightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes on a cooling rack prior to cutting and smearing with butter.