The first holiday I spent with my husband, he told me about his mom’s oyster dressing and I admit I wasn’t excited to try it. But luckily I am always willing to try new foods and I was more than pleasantly surprised. Oyster Dressing became a fast favorite of mine and this year I’m excited to share my Grain Free Oyster Dressing with all of you!
- 1 Grain Free Cornbread cubed
- 1/4 cup Organic Grass-Fed Butter or Ghee
- 1 large Onion chopped
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms chopped
- 2 8-ounce containers of standard, stewing Oysters chopped
- 1+ teaspoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 2 teaspoon Organic Celery Sea Salt
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Whole Milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 8x8 or similar sized casserole dish.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook vegetables in butter until soft. Add oysters and liquid, cook until oysters curl. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Combine eggs, milk and seasonings.
- In a large bowl, lightly toss bread cubes with cooled vegetables. Add liquids and fold to combine. Be careful not to over mix and/or break apart the bread cubes too much.
- Transfer to your prepared casserole dish. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes, uncovered or until cooked through and brown on top.