I’m not going to lie to ya’ – it took me a couple attempts to get them perfect, but finally I’m more than excited to share the recipe for my Crispy Grain Free Waffles 🙂
It started out innocent enough, just craving waffles. Not just any waffles but super CRISPY Waffles! The problem was I didn’t have a waffle maker and I wasn’t willing to use a teflon/nonstick coated one either. Luckily we were able to find an inexpensive Ceramic Coated Waffle Maker! Not saying it’s 100% safe BUT it is much healthier than the other options.
They are Paleo & Primal Friendly too! Now – Here’s the real exciting news…. you can FREEZE them! and they can be quickly reheated for breakfast! Yep you heard me right – you can make a giant batch and freeze them! Pop them into the toaster!
- Preheat your waffle iron
- Combine all ingredients and gently mix - just to combine - a few lumps are ok
- Using a ladle, scoop batter into your hot waffle iron
- Cook your waffles according to the waffle makers manufactures instructions
- We leave ours go extra long to make sure they are super crispy
- Serve immediately OR cool on a wire rack (so they stay crisp)
- Cooled waffles can be frozen and reheated in the toaster for quick breakfasts 😉
Plan 1/2 a round waffle per person - One whole waffle is a lot of food!