Want all the flavors of beefy-stuffed cabbage but none of the fuss or carbs?? No worries my Keto Beef Stuffed Cabbage Soup will cure your craving in just 15 minutes!
Funny story about this soup. We don’t actually call this Keto Beef Stuffed Cabbage Soup, we call it ‘Ketchup Soup.’
This soup is the perfect way to introduce you to 2 Essential Cooking Techniques I learned from Ray’s Nan Ryczek;
- There’s no such thing as too much Parsley
- Why use tomatoes when you can use Ketchup
As funny as those 2 things may sound, they are the little things that I do to add a little “Nan” into meals that I make for Ray. I know how important the flavors that I can replicate from my own grandmother’s kitchen are to me, and I’m glad to help take him back to his childhood too.
While I admit that I didn’t make this soup initially for the blog, I had no intentions on sharing it with you but I’ve been making it so frequently and even guests at our home rave about it. It’s not complicated or gourmet, but it’s just old fashion good food.
And so incredibly easy.
Made with all REAL FOOD ingredients!
Oh, yeah and totally healthy. Full of essential healthy fats, chock full of veggies and when you use THIS NO-SUGAR Ketchup (which, BTW is awesome) and Zero Carb Shirataki Rice, low enough in carbs to keep you in ketosis, even with the addition of a few carrots!
And to be honest, I didn’t even do a big photoshoot set up. I wanted to capture this exactly how it is, not that other foods aren’t photographed authentically but hey this isn’t a pretty soup. It’s real life, real food, in it’s most rustically delicious way.
But I did add some fresh parsley garnish 😛
On a side note. I realized something today.. well ok, not “realized” just technically came to terms with the fact that while I really love photography I sincerely HATE shooting videos. Like is it even worth it? Do these videos make you want to make the recipe? Do they help you, even if they aren’t the quality that I think they should be??
Yours in Health,
- 1 pound Ground Beef, grass fed
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/4 cup Ghee or butter
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 4 to 6 cups cabbage, chopped
- 4 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 pack shirataki rice
- 1/2 cup Ketchup
- In a large dutch oven or similar heavy bottom pot, cook ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink
- Add sea salt, pepper, paprika and crushed red pepper. Stir.
- Add ghee. Sauté garlic, onion, celery and carrots for 2-3 minutes or until soft.
- Add parsley, cabbage, broth, rice and ketchup. Bring to a simmer. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes, just until cabbage is soft.
- Enjoy. Serve with extra ketchup on the side. As Nan would say, Jr likes his soup with extra ketchup...