Finally, right?!? Labor Day is behind us and fall has finally arrived. While I love the hot summer sun and fun, fall is by-far my favorite time of the year.
Not only do we get to get out our warmer fall clothing, but we also get to enjoy more hearty meals like my Maple Cider Hash!
I mean seriously look at all that fall inspired deliciousness! My mouth is watering, yours too??
Whether you’re a busy parent with kids involved in seemingly millions of activities or avid outdoors folks like us, who never have enough daylight hours in the day to get enough time to enjoy nature, this will quickly become your go-to fall inspired meal in a hurry.
I hear so often that folks just feel that they don’t have the time to cook at home and when ‘hangry’ sets in they find themselves unprepared and end up relying on fast food.
Tyson Fresh Chicken is all natural and made with rib meat. They are also made with no antibiotics ever. There are no added hormones or steroids either meaning they are minimally process with no artificial ingredients. You can find them with other fresh meat products in the refrigerated aisle at your local Target.
Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice Whole Grain Brown is the ultimate in convenience. They are precooked and shelf stable, so you just have to heat them up and serve them with your favorite recipe or rice meal. Since they’re microwavable, they’re ready in just 90 seconds. I found Whole Grain Brown Rice near the other grains and rice at my local Target.
Tender and juicy chicken breast, tossed with roasted butternut squash, dried cranberries and brown rice. Lightly dressed with a maple syrup and apple cider vinegar, then garnished with toasted pepitas, fresh sage and crumbled goat cheese. For all the fun, warm fall flavors in one bowl!
Yours in Health,
- 1 package Tyson Fresh Chicken Boneless Skinless Breasts
- 1 pouch Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice Whole Grain Brown
- 12 package butternut Squash, fresh or frozen Pre-peeled and diced pieces
- 4 tablespoon Olive Oil divided
- 2 medium Red onion
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 1 oz fresh sage, chopped
- 5 oz kale, stems removed and chopped
- ¼ cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- ¼ cup organic maple syrup
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup goat cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup pepitas roasted and salted
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 450˚F
- Place squash on baking sheet, drizzle with 2 tbsp of olive oil, and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake for 15 mins until soft.
- Meanwhile, sear Tyson Chicken Breasts in a large pan and cook until internal temp reaches 165˚. Remove chicken from pan to cool slightly, then chop into bite sized pieces, set aside.
- Pour the remaining 2 tbsp of olive oil into the hot pan. Add onion, celery, garlic and sage, and sauté for 5 mins. Add kale and allow to wilt for 3 minutes.
- Turn heat to low, Deglaze pan with apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, and salt & pepper to taste.
- Stir in cranberries, chicken and squash.
- Pour Uncle Ben’s Brown Rice into pan, stirring all ingredients together until warm.
- Serve topped with goat cheese, pepitas and sage.
If you like this recipe, please PIN it for later and to help others find it!