Have you heard about Zucchini Cheese?? It’s a Dairy-Free, Paleo-Friendly alternative to cheese that you can make at home. And get this, it tastes just like CHEESE! Really. I swear. I wouldn’t joke about something so super important as cheese! For those of you whom avoid dairy, this is the ideal, healthy replacement for cheese that you’ve been looking for. Unfortunately, I can’t take credit for this invention myself. But I am proud to say that at least there was a Hayley that invented it 🙂 Hayley Stobbs is the genius behind Zucchini Cheese, click HERE to check her out on Instagram where she’s currently sharing all her magic – she’ll be launching her own blog soon. Since she didn’t have her blog at the time the zucchini-cheese frenzy began, Gutsy by Nature was kind enough to share her recipe HERE so that people beyond instagram can experience this life changing recipe too! I’ve been enjoying her zucchini cheese over the past few weeks, and of course I had to put my own unique spin on it! We love a spicy cheese and Hayley’s recipe was easily adapted to make a beautiful spicy-nacho cheese. It’s especially awesome lightly melted on my Grain Free Tortilla Chips for a completely Paleo Nachos’s and Cheese! One of the most critical components to making this cheese is your blender. You’ve gotta get everything blended together completely smooth for the texture to be perfect, any lumps will totally ruin your zucchini cheese. So, I’ve teamed up with my friend over at BlendTec to giveaway one of my favorite kitchen tools – a Blendtec Blender!! Yep you read that correctly, I’m giving away a Blendtec Designer 625 with wideside+ and twister jar to one lucky winner.
Blendtec vs. Vitamix
I’ve had the very same Blendtec blender I’m giving away for just over 2 months and I’ve gotta say it’s completely AMAZING. It’s totally exceeded my expectations in all ways. I didn’t just upgrade to a better blender, I replaced my Vitamix with a Blendtec. I’ve had my Vitamix for several years and it’s been a great blender, however it just doesn’t compare to my new Blendtec. There’s a few key points that I’d like to point out to anyone who’s debating between the two:
- Blendtec is a better size, it’s shorter than the Vitamix which makes it easier to use and store in your kitchen.
- Blendtec is quieter than the Vitamix
- The Wideside+ jar is super awesome. Food just slides right out. And what you do need to get out with the supplied rubber scraper is no problem since the jar is smooth. Unlike the Vitamix where I felt like I lost 1/2 since I couldn’t get it out.
- The smooth, all one piece base of the Blendtec is easy to clean. There’s no buttons, dials or switches to clean around.
- Shorter blend time for smooth results with the Blendtec.
To enter to win your own Blendtec Blendtec, there’s a easy entry widget at the end of this post 🙂 Keep scrolling down. Making zucchini cheese is as easy as steaming veggies and pureeing it smooth in your blender, for best results I recommend a a Blendtec 🙂 and then letting it set up. Easy-peasy, lemon-squeesy! I use one of the large rectangle container from THIS set, it’s the perfect size/shape. It holds about 6 cups if you want to find another suitable container or use couple small containers.
- Steam zucchini and red pepper with 1/2 cup water for about 5 minutes, or until very soft.
- Drain steamed veggies then add to your blender along with ghee, lemon juice, sea salt, nutritional yeast and coconut aminos. Blend on high until completely smooth. Add gelatin and blend again to combine.
- At the very end, gently pulse in the diced jalapeños, You want there to be little bits visible.
- Pour your cheese mixture into a small square or rectangular container and chill for at least 6 hours or until completely set up (will be like velveta cheese or very stiff jello)
- Gently loosen from your container and invert. Slice your cheese as desired..
Designer 625 with Wildside+ Jar and Twister Jar
- Designer 625 motor base
- 3 qt. BPA-Free, WildSide+ jar with vented Gripper™ lid
- Blending 101 quick-start guide and recipes
- Twister jar
The Twister Jar. is designed to blend your thickest recipes, such as nut butters, baby food, dips, thick shakes, dressings and more! To use the jar, simply add ingredients and twist the lid counter-clockwise while the blend cycle is running. This twisting motion forces the ingredients from the sides of the jar back into the blade, allowing you to achieve a perfect blend every time. Also included is the Spectacula™ spatula—engineered specifically for the Twister. We made this spatula just the right length and shape so you can get nearly every morsel out of your jar.
Blendtec Giveaway This giveaway is sponsored by Blendtec.