Three-bean salad is one of those quintessential American summer picnic foods. It’s comforting, protein-rich, and easy to put together quickly with pantry ingredients. My Sweet and Spicy Three Bean Salad is a modern twist on a classic food, made it healthier with an unexpected probiotic punch.
Oh, yeah – it’s gluten free and vegan/vegetarian friendly too!
- 1 15-ounce can organic cannellini beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans drained and rinsed, chickpeas
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame thawed
- 1/2 cup fermented ginger orange carrots
- 1 medium jalapeño seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 tablespoons Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the cannellini beans, garbanzo beans, edamame, carrots, jalapeño, cilantro, vinegar, oil, honey, salt, and pepper, and mix well.
- Refrigerate, covered, for a minimum of 3 hours, or preferably overnight, for the flavors to blend. Enjoy.