An exciting combination of flavors and packed with healthy dairy fats and nutrition dense kale. My Cream of Artichoke and Kale Soup takes just minutes to make but tastes like a gourmet treat, that’s low carb and gluten free!
If you like spinach and artichoke dip, you’ll be sure to love this Cream of Artichoke and Kale Soup. It’s beautifully creamy from the cream and 3 types of cheese, with a pop of flavor and texture from artichokes and kale.
I was in the middle of writing my first cookbook Without Grain when I wanted a quick lunch that was creative and delicious, using the leftover ingredients from the Spinach and Artichoke Dip recipe I created for my cookbook. Something with all the flavors but more of a meal and less of an appetizer.
By pairing all the flavors, swapping kale for spinach and adding super nutritions bone broth, I made an amazing low carb, grain/gluten-free Cream of Artichoke and Kale Soup that is perfect for a cold winter lunch.
- 2 tablespoons Butter (or ghee) preferably from organic grass fed cows
- 1.5 cups frozen artichoke hearts coarsely chopped
- 1 cups fresh kale chopped/shredded
- 2 cloves Garlic minced or pressed
- 1/4 cup Onion finely chopped
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese preferably cultured
- 1 cup Heavy Cream preferably raw from organic grass fed cows
- 1 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 pinch paprika
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- In a 2 quart pot, saute onions, garlic, kale and artichoke hearts in butter over medium heat until onions and garlic are soft and translucent. Season with sea salt, white pepper, crushed red pepper, paprika and nutmeg.
- Stir in cream cheese, mixing to completely melt.
- Combine stock and heavy cream together and add slowly drizzle into your pot, stirring constantly.
- Allow to simmer over low heat for approximately 5 minutes, adding small sprinkles of parmesan and mozzarella cheese and mixing to combine every minute.