Looking for a creamy soup, but don’t want the dairy or thickeners? Me Too! That’s how I came up with this recipe! I made it up for breakfast, I’m always looking for creative egg/grain free breakfast ideas and have been trying to fill my day with as many veggies as possible since our garden is overflowing right now! Served up a bowl with a side of bacon, what more could you ask for?
- Heat a medium sauce pot to medium/high, add coconut oil.
- Add Onion, Zucchini, Garlic and Broccoli Stems, Season with Sea Salt & Pepper and sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Add Broth to your veggies and simmer over medium heat until everything is really soft and some of the liquid has evaporated off.
- In your blender (I use my Vitamix), Carefully Blend your veggies and broth until very smooth.
- Pour your blended veggies & broth back into your sauce pot.
- Add Broccoli flowers & carrots and heat over medium/low for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli & carrots are done to your liking.
- Season to taste with Sea Salt & Pepper