Paleo Creamy Broccoli Soup
Looking for a creamy soup, but don’t want the dairy or thickeners? Me Too! That’s how I came up with this recipe! I made it up for breakfast, I’m always looking for creative egg/grain free breakfast ideas and have been trying to fill my day with as many veggies as possible since our garden is overflowing right now! Served up a bowl with a side of bacon, what more could you ask for?
- 2 tablespoons Coconut Oil or ghee/butter
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 cup chopped Broccoli Stems
- 2 cup Chicken Bone Broth
- 1 cup Broccoli Flowers
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- Sea Salt to taste
- Heat a medium sauce pot to medium/high, add coconut oil.
- Add Onion, Zucchini, Garlic and Broccoli Stems, Season with Sea Salt & Pepper and sauté for about 10 minutes.
- Add Broth to your veggies and simmer over medium heat until everything is really soft and some of the liquid has evaporated off.
- In your blender (I use my Vitamix), Carefully Blend your veggies and broth until very smooth.
- Pour your blended veggies & broth back into your sauce pot.
- Add Broccoli flowers & carrots and heat over medium/low for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli & carrots are done to your liking.
- Season to taste with Sea Salt & Pepper
Thank you for a delicious soup! Healthy, scrumptious and paleo 🙂
Delish! I added 1/4c. coconut milk to make it a bit creamier.
I didn’t realize that the yield would be so small, I’ll definitely be doubling or tripling the recipe next time.
Love the blog, thanks!
I made this for dinner tonight and it was SO good. I am gluten- and dairy-intolerant so this soup hit the spot, with the creamy texture I’ve been craving. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe!