Have you heard of Butter Dip Buttermilk Biscuits?? They are a pinterest sensation and of course I was totally intrigued. In a nutshell, you mix up a dough and bake it in a pool of butter (instead of adding fat into the dough) then magically you have the most amazing fluffy biscuits without any biscuit making effort…. What if I could make these amazingly popular Butter Dip Buttermilk Biscuits healthier by using Einkorn Flour??
While I don’t eat regular-wheat, I have been dabbling with the addition of Einkorn Flour into my diet as an occasional treat with great success… Einkorn is a very old variety of wheat that while it still contains gluten, many people with gluten intolerance can tolerate is more easily.
With just a few minor tweaks to the regular white AP wheat recipes I found, I was able to create a einkorn version that tastes amazing.
These Einkorn Butter Dip Biscuits are fluffy and delicious, with such minimal effort, you’ll never make traditional biscuits again!
Don’t they look delicious??
You’ll notice that in the recipe, I don’t list a volume measurement for the Einkorn flour, instead I list a weight. I know it may seem unnecessary, but trust me when working with Einkorn, it’s imperative to weigh sifted flour not just scooping the flour.
Einkorn Butter Dip Buttermilk Biscuits
- Preheat Oven to 450 degrees f
- Combined sifted einkorn with sugar, baking powder, and sea salt. Fold in Buttermilk. It will be inbetween a dough and batter consistency. Let rest 5 minutes.
- While dough is resting, place stick of butter in an 8x8 baking pan and place it in the oven to melt.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough into the melted butter, gently smooth using the back of a spoon. I will not be prefect and the butter will pool on top.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes, then rotate pan 180 degrees. Bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the top is lightly brown and spring back to the touch. (total baking time of 20-25 minutes)