It’s freezing cold today and my hubby is out hunting, so I made my Quick and Easy Crock Pot Chili so he’ll have something warm ready when he gets home. And because I was feeling especially nice, I also made him some of my Gluten Free Blue Corn Muffins with Salted Honey Ghee to have with his chili! Although we don’t eat many grains at our house, occasionally we treat ourselves with some rice or corn.. and we prefer Blue Corn over yellow. Blue corn is slightly sweeter, and higher in protein, than regular yellow corn meal. Not to mention a lovely purple-blue color. Additionally Blue Corn is less likely to be contaminated with GMOs. These muffins are super easy and some out a little denser than a traditional yellow corn muffin – but the flavor is so good especially with a thick layer of my Salted-Honey-Ghee!
Gluten Free Blue Corn Muffins with Salted Honey Ghee
- Preheat oven to 420 degrees F
- Prepare muffin pan by greasing or lining with paper muffin liners
- Combine dry ingredients, mix well
- In a separate bowl combine liquid ingredient, mix well
- Add liquids to the dry ingredients, stir well but don't over mix a few small lumps are ok
- Divide batter between 12 muffins
- Bake 15-20 minutes at 420 (until a toothpick inserted into the center of a few muffins come out clean)
- Carefully remove muffins from the pan and allow to cool on a cooling rack
- Serve with Salted-Honey-Ghee (see recipe in Notes)
Cream together 1/2 cup of room temperature Ghee, 3 Tablespoons of Honey and 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt with your hand mixer until light and fluffy. *butter can be used in place of the ghee, adjust the salt to taste if using salted butter.