Quick & Easy Crock Pot Chili
Chili is our favorite winter meal, it’s warm and comforting. My hubby is out hunting in the cold today so I thew together a batch of chili first thing after he left early this morning so he’ll have something warm to eat when he gets home (and I’m not slaving away in the kitchen since it’s made in the crock pot! My Quick and Easy Crock Pot Chili is Paleo and 21DSD friendly . Serve up your chili with my Gluten Free Blue Corn Muffins with Salted Honey Ghee to make it an extra special meal (my Grain Free Buttermilk Biscuits or Grain Free Everything Rolls would be great too!) Although I didn’t include beans in this recipe, feel free to add a can of beans if you’d like! And this recipe is very versatile, feel free to use Beef, Bison, Elk, or Venison – all of them will taste so yummy!
- 1 pound Ground Beef cooked
- 32 - 40 ounces chopped tomatoes in juice 1 quart home canned
- 64 ounces tomato juice 2 quarts home canned
- 1 cup chopped green pepper 1/2hungarian wax & 1/2green peppers
- 2 rib celery Chopped
- 1 large Onion Chopped (about 1 & 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons Sea Salt
- 3 tablespoons organic chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes if desired for spicier chili
- Combine everything together in your crock pot and cook on low for 8+ hours.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream, avocado, chopped raw onion, etc as desired.
For a medium chili use 1/2 green peppers and 1/2 hungarian wax peppers
For a HOT chili add crushed red pepper to the medium chili to taste. If you are using a Lean Wild Game meat, feel free to add additional fat as needed when cooking your meat. I prefer tallow for flavor. Feel Free to add a can of beans, if desired
I had a question about the ground meat. It says “cooked”, yet this is a crockpot meal correct? Do I have to cook the meat prior to putting in crockpot? I notice meat in the crockpot always taste more tender and juicy.
I prefer to cook mine before.
Perfect! Thank you! I cooked this tonight and it turned out wonderful. Added paleo corn bread and cooked zucchini on the grill. Everything turned out wonderful! Thanks again 🙂