I have a thing for gravy. Gravy on all the things; especially for breakfast. It’s definitely a neck and neck race for my favorite breakfast gravy; Sausage Gravy or Cream Chip Beef. Both delicious but Cream Chip Beef has such a special place in my heart.
My mom and grandmother both made Cream Chip beef often, but not always for breakfast. We enjoyed it anytime of the day, served on toast, biscuits and even overtop of crispy fried potatoes. No matter how or when it was served, Cream Chip Beef is my type of comfort food.
You’re also going to need some biscuits to serve this gravy awesomeness on, I have a couple recipes for you to choose from:
- Gluten Free Southern Cast Iron Butter Drop Biscuits (pictured)
- Eikorn Butter Dip Buttermilk Biscuits
- Paleo Cassava Flour Biscuits
- Grain Free Buttermilk Biscuits
Using half and half with cream cheese, makes the gravy thick and creamy without being loaded with gluten or carbs!
Gluten Free Cream Chip Beef
- Rinse dried beef under running water for 10 seconds. Fanning slices so that each gets lightly rinsed. Pat dry with paper towel then coarsely chop.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt butter over low heat.
- Add chopped dried beef and lightly saute for 1-2 minutes or until heated through.
- Add cream cheese and half and half, stir to melt. Simmer 3-5 minutes or until lightly thickened.
- Serve cream chip beef over top of biscuits.