Necessity is the mother of invention, or so they say. I’ve been pushing around a pound of ground wild caught salmon in our freezer for the past few weeks, not knowing exactly what I wanted to do with it.
Of course it’s hard to resist making my Salmon Meatballs with Dijon Lemon Sauce or my Salmon Meatballs with Caper Dill Tarter Sauce – they are both seriously good recipes but I wasn’t craving a meatball. It’s July, the peak of summer and I wanted something more seasonally relevant.. like a burger.
But I didn’t want a plain salmon burger and I really didn’t want a salmon patty – they just seemed too dated… talk about 90’s right?
Back to necessity, I had a giant bunch of cilantro that was also begging to be used and a bunch of limes… My Cilantro Lime Salmon Burgers were born.
Just like that.
Easy Peasy — LIME squeezy.
These delicious and healthy Cilantro Lime Salmon Burgers are super easy to make, just mix everything together and let them chill (to help them hold together).
And don’t worry if you don’t have a source for pre-ground/flaked salmon, just remove the skin and break apart fresh, raw salmon with your hands or by pulsing in your food processor.
- 1 pound wild caught salmon finely flaked (raw) or ground
- 1 large Egg(s), Organic Pasture Raised
- 1/3+ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Onion
- 1 medium lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon organic coconut flour
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- avocado oil spray
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Divide into 6-8 equal portions and form into patties.
- Chill for 1 hour
- Grill over medium/high heat until cooked through, using avocado oil as needed.
- Enjoy fresh - also great as cold leftovers.