Grilling peaches will elevate sweet, juicy peaches from sweet snack to dessert or a side dish with nothing more than heat. Then take them even further with a topping of honey creme and homemade granola crumble for the perfect crunch! Healthy, real foods can’t get more delicious.
Perfect for a causal dinner or for a dinner party for a crowd. Just make sure to save a little extra to have some for breakfast the next morning!
Grilled Peaches with Honey Crème and Granola Crumble
For the Granola Crumble
4 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
- Preheat the oven to 300°F . Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or grease well with coconut oil.
- Make the Granola Crumble: In a food processor, combine the pumpkin seeds, walnuts, almonds, pecans, and hazelnuts. Pulse until coarsely broken into small bits, but do not overprocess. You want a chunky, granola-size crumble. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, and salt. Pour onto the ground nut-seed mixture and stir until combined.
- evenly spread the mixture over the prepared baking sheet with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 10 minutes, continually checking and stirring to ensure even browning. Be careful not to burn. After the nuts and seeds are toasted and browned, set aside to cool completely.
- Take a wooden spoon or spatula and break apart the mixture into smaller pieces, resembling granola. Store in an airtight Mason jar at room temperature for later use. (See Note)
- Make the Honey Crème: In a small bowl, mix together the Crème Fraîche and honey until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high and place the peaches cut side down. (You may want to add a bit of coconut oil to the surface of the grill to prevent them from sticking.) Grill for about 10 minutes, or until tender.
- Transfer the peaches to a platter or individual bowls. Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons of the Honey Crème on top of each half (grill mark side up). Garnish by sprinkling the tops with the crumbled granola. Serve immediately.