This post was sponsored by McCormick Gourmet™. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
You’ll get all the flavors of buffalo wings, without the mess, with my Grilled Dry Rub Hot Wings! And they are Keto, Low-Carb, Paleo and Gluten-Free!
Let me be very upfront with you, I am a self-proclaimed wing snob. Meaning that when it comes to wings, I’m an expert. I’m extremely critical, and more often than not, wings just don’t make the cut.
I hate to say it, but I could realistically eat wings 3 times a week and potentially still feel deprived. Some like pizza, I’m really into wings.
Rarely am I wowed by restaurant or take out wings, so most often I rely on making them at home. So, when I share a wing recipe like these Grilled Dry Rub Hot Wings, Crispiest Air Fryer Chicken Wings, Smoked BBQ Wings or My Classic Buffalo Chicken Wings, you can rest assured that they are wing-snob approved!
There are 3 factors that I look for in wings that pass my test.
- The skins MUST be crispy. Soggy wings are disgusting and anyone who tells you differently cannot be trusted.
- Wings must have a delicious seasoning. Wet or Dry, I’m looking for the perfect balance of flavors.
- Cooked through without drying out. While I tend to prioritize crispy skin and perfect seasoning, an undercooked bloody wing is the worst ever, only second to overcooked and dry!
In addition to being a wing-sob, I’m also a foodie who’s passionate about using high-quality ingredients, which is why I rely on our local Martin’s grocery for most of my shopping!
In addition to chicken wings and a few pantry staples, you’re also going to need to pick up a few McCormick Gourmet™ Spices!
Why should you buy McCormick Gourmet™ Spices?
When you trade up to McCormick Gourmet™ products, you will easily improve the quality and health of every dish you make!
The key to making these Dry Rub Hot Wings so deliciously flavorful is a unique 3-spice blend:
- McCormick Gourmet™ Cayenne Pepper: Use to liven up everyday dishes, dips, salsas barbecue sauce, wings and even desserts.
- McCormick Gourmet™ Thyme: Adds sweet warmth and light minty flavor to everything from hearty soups, stews and grilled hot wings!
- McCormick Gourmet™ Cinnamon: Adds rich and spicy-sweet flavor to a wide variety of dishes, including these hot wings!
And don’t forget a little S&P – as in high-quality McCormick Gourmet™ Global Selects Himalayan Pink Sea Salt & McCormick Gourmet™ Global Selects Oak Wood Smoked Pepper, too!
For best results, I prefer to season my wings a day or 2 before I make them, but if you’re short for time, an hour is better than nothing! Toss your wings with avocado oil*, a splash of vinegar and 1/2 of your Hot Wing Dry Rub Mix.
I suggest avocado oil because it has a higher smoke point for grilling, which means it’s healthier! And the vinegar helps to tenderize the chicken, while also giving your wings a traditional buffalo tang.
To make it easier to clean up, I just let them hang out in a plastic resealable bag and give them a little massage to spread out the seasoning!
When you are ready to cook your wings, preheat your grill. You can use a gas grill, electric grill or charcoal grill, or you can use an indoor grill or a grill pan as well. Just get it nice and hot. I like to give mine a quick spray of oil, then grill my wings for 12-15 minutes, flipping them 1-2x.
Oh, and one last thing… Don’t forget that Martins’ offers grocery pickup too, so keep your social-distancing game on point, while still stocking up on your favorite high-quality items, like McCormick Gourmet™ Spices!
Yours in Health,
Grilled Dry Rub Hot Wings
- 12 whole Chicken Wings 12 flats, 12 drums
- 2 tablespoons Avocado Oil
- 1 tablespoon Distilled White Vinegar
For the Dry Rub
- 1 tablespoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tablespoon Brown Sugar or use Golden Monk Fruit Sweetener for Keto-Friendly
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Gourmet™ Global Selects Himlalayn Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon McCormick Gourmet™ Organic Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 20 grinds McCormick Gourmet™ Global Selects Oak Wood Smoked Pepper
- Combine dry rub ingredints, mix well.
- Toss chicken wings with oil, vinegar and 1/2 of the dry rub. Allow the seasonings to marinate for 1-48 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat grill on high. Grill wings for 12-15 mintues or until crispy and cooked thorugh. Turn occasionally. Enjoy!