This Keto Beef & Cabbage Bowl is a delicious and budget-friendly meal that’s ready to eat in less than 30 minutes. And with only 7g net carbs you won’t sabotage your low carb diet!
I’ve been making this Beef & Cabbage Bowl for nearly as long as I’ve had this blog. It’s a recipe that I keep updating and improving regularly, so while this is a ‘new’ recipe, it’s one that my regular readers already know and love.
This original recipe was shared here on HISTK on June 10, 2013 – WOW I feel like an old blogger!! I can’t hardly believe that I’ve been blogging for that long!
I finally feel like the photos in this post adequately represent how simple, yet delicious this low carb beef and cabbage meal can be.
A keto meal can’t get much easier. Simply brown ground beef with onions and garlic. Add cabbage and a little shredded carrot. Garnish with lots of green onions, then enjoy!
You can use either green cabbage or asian-style Napa cabbage, they are both 100% delicious!
We most often enjoy this keto beef cabbage saute on it’s own, but if we are feeling a little ‘extra’ we’ll add a side of cauliflower rice or zero-carb konjac rice. (that’s the rice in some of these photos)
But of course if you aren’t keto/low-carb this Keto Beef & Cabbage Bowl is perfect served with steamed rice, too!
If you like this recipe, try these other Delicious Keto Recipes:
- Keto Low-Carb Beef Stuffed Cabbage Soup
- Low-Carb Stuffed Cabbage Rolls with Tomato Sauce
- Keto Pork, Shrimp, Shiitake & Napa Cabbage Bowl
Yours in Health,
Keto Beef and Cabbage Bowl
- 2 tablespoons Organic Grass-Fed Butter or Ghee or Coconut Oil
- 1 pounds Ground Beef, grass fed preferably grass-fed
- 2 cloves Garlic pressed or minced
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 1 small carrot grated
- 6 cups cabbage shredded or very thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Sea Salt or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper or to taste
- 4 medium green onions sliced thin for garnish
- Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat , add in ghee/coconut oil, ground beef and onion.
- When beef is cooked and onions are translucent, add in cabbage and carrots… you just want to lightly sauté the cabbage/beef mixture until your cabbage is gently cooked but not soft and mushy.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately! Enjoy!