Move over Chicken Nuggets, 1995 called, they said your time in the spot light is over, Steak Nuggets are taking over! Tender chunks of steak lightly breaded in Keto Friendly Breading and quickly fried, best served with my tangy Chipotle Ranch Dip! It’s going to be love at first bite.
I mean really, why didn’t think of this sooner?
And they are totally Keto Friendly and nuggets themselves are Keto Carnivore, however you’d want to skip the dip!
Admittedly, we prefer these made with chunks of venison for no reason other than that’s what is most abundant in our freezer…. but beef works awesome if that’s what works better for you.
You’ll want to stick to tender cuts; for Venison we use inside tenderloin or back straps… for Beef try tenderloin scraps/tips or eye of round… If you are unsure of how tender a cut meat will be, use a cutting-tenderizer like THIS ONE to make any cut melt in your mouth without pounding them flat as a pancake with a meat mallet.
While I LOVE these Keto Steak Nuggets with my Chipotle Ranch Dip (and my Keto Avocado Fries), if you don’t love spicy dips then I suggest my Homemade Ranch… It’s basically the same thing, only no chipotle paste!
After you bread your chunks of tender steak, you’ll chill them in the freezer to help keep the beading attached to the food.. this works for most other breaded foods too! This also keeps the steak a little extra cold so the breading can get nice and crisp while not overcooking the steak inside.
And I made you a video, so you can see how very easy it is to make my Keto Steak Nuggets – if you’re looking for the PERFECT deep fryer CLICK HERE, for the one I use in our kitchen and in this video. It automatically filters your fat!
- 1 pound venison steak or beef steak, cut into chunks.
- 1 large Egg(s)
- Lard or palm oil for frying
- For the Chipotle Ranch Dip: Combine all ingredients, mix well. 1 teaspoon of chipotle paste yields a medium-spice version, use more or less according to your own taste preferences. I encourage you to use my homemade ranch dressing and dip mix, it's superior to any store brought version. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving, will keep for up to 1 week.
- Combine Pork Panko, parmesan cheese and seasoned salt - again use my homemade not the store bought stuff. Set aside.
- Beat 1 egg.. place beaten egg 1 bowl and breading mix in another.
- Dip chunks of steak in egg, then breading. Place on a wax paper lined sheet pan or plate.
- FREEZE breaded raw steak bites for 30 minutes before frying. This helps to ensure that the breading will NOT LIFT when fried.
- Heat Lard to roughly 325 degrees F. Working in batches as necessary, fry steak nuggets (from frozen or chilled) until browned, about 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer to a papertowel lined plate, season with a sprinkle of salt and serve with Chipotle Ranch.