With “Pumpkin Everything” season upon us, I’m always looking for easy and delicious fall-inspired pumpkin recipes. This delicious Pumpkin Pie Goat Cheese Mousse is super easy to make and filled with healthy, real food, ingredients… but it tastes like a gourmet cheat-treat!
It’s shocking that such simple ingredients can be quickly transformed into such a delicious treat!
Feel free to choose a sweetener that fits within your healthy eating template – but of course stay away from toxic artificial sweeteners! Since I have been eating low carb, I’ve been using a natural, non-gmo sweetener made with a combination of erythritol & oligosaccharides that will not impact your blood sugar and has zero effective carb (and none of the icky side effects of xylitol!)
Erythritol is made by fermenting glucose with Moniliella pollinis (a natural microorganism found in honeycomb) which breaks down the glucose and yields erythritol. Erythritol also naturally occurs in many fruits and vegetables like melons, grapes, asparagus as well as fermented foods. It is classified by the FDA as a zero calorie, 4-carbon sugar alcohol that does not affect blood glucose. It is easy on the digestive system and does not cause gastric distress associated with other sugar alcohols. Oligosaccharides are sweet, non-digestible carbohydrates extracted from fruit and vegetable sources. They are similar to fiber and can help stimulate beneficial bacteria in the large intestine.
The key to the making the best Pumpkin Pie Goat Cheese Mousse (and any other pumpkin treat) taste simply amazing is to use the very best, high quality spices!
I only use the Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice Blend from my friends Bill & Hayley (my #nametwin) at Primal Palate.
WHY ARE [block]3[/block] SO AWESOME?
- Healthy: All of their spices & spice blends are Organic, Gluten-Free, GMO-Free, Non-Irradiated, and contain no preservatives.
- Quality: Their spices and spice blends exude quality from the moment you open them until they are on your plate.
- Flavor: The freshness of their spices is virtually unrivaled. They bottle in small batches. Usually the spices have been bottled within a matter of weeks.
- In a medium bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks are formed. (do not over beat into butter!) Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add pumpkin, spices, sweetener and sea salt, continue beating until well combined.
- Mix gelatin with warm water then quickly mix into the pumpkin mixture.
- Gently fold in heavy cream and chill for 1+ hours prior to serving.