Roasted Nacho Cauliflower
You won’t believe me, and it’s ok.. I understand. Seriously. There’s no cheese on these Nacho Cauliflowers.. Nope.. None.. Infact no dairy at all! I know, it’s kinda spooky, right?? But I promise these are ADDICTIVE and YUMMY, maybe even yummier than real cheese coated cauliflower!! And if you’re like me and can’t have dairy, it’s a great way to get all the taste without compromising your health!
- 1 head cauliflower broken/cut into flowerettes
- 2 cup raw cashews or sunflower seeds, soaked overnight in water
- 1-1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- 1/2 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1-1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 tablespoon Coconut Aminos
- 1 pich Crushed Red Pepper Flakes to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Line a baking sheet with unbleached parchment paper
- In your blender, combine all ingredients except cauliflower, blend until smooth
- Toss Cauliflower flowerettes with blended nacho sauce until well coated
- Spread out on parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes, sometimes I'll broil them for a few minutes at the end to get them nice and browned!
Can I substitute Braggs Amino Acids for the coconut aminos?
That is your decision to make. I do not advocate the consumption of soy in any form.
Whaaaat?! I can’t wait to share this recipe with my community! Awesome.
these look and sound great. I have the yeast flakes now but my husband, who does the shopping for me, got roasted sunflower seeds. Must I use raw? and why do they need to be soaked overnight/? thanks
Raw Sunflower seeds can be used but not roasted 🙁