Is it obvious that I’m obsessed with ground pork, napa cabbage and Asian inspired flavors? I feel like an at home version of Chipotle – using the same ingredients to make a bunch of different dishes. Last week it was Napa Cabbage Wrapped Pork & Shiitake Rolls and this week it’s Pork, Shrimp, Shiitake & Napa Cabbage Bowl. Oh and let’s not forget my favor-packed Marinated Asian Sesame Cucumber Salad that’s the perfect compliment to so many dishes!
What you are going to love about this Pork, Shrimp, Shiitake & Napa Cabbage Bowl is that it’s very easy to make but has all the flavors of a complicated dish. It reminds me of a deconstructed egg roll minus the gluten contaminated wrapper, of course.
Napa Wrapped Pork Rolls
- 2 tablespoons Ghee or butter
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup chopped shiitake mushroom caps
- 1 medium Onion
- 1 clove Garlic minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger or 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos or tamari sauce
- 1/2 pound Raw Wild Caught Shrimp peeled, deveined and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 head nappa cabbage, sliced thinly
- 1/8 teaspoon fish sauce
- Sea Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
- cauliflower rice or cooked white rice
- In a large stainless steel or cast iron skillet, over medium heat, cook ground pork, shiitake mushrooms, carrots, onion and garlic in ghee. Cook 3-5 minutes or until pork is fully cooked.
- Add your chopped shrimp, thinly sliced cabbage and remaining ingredients to your skillet and season to taste with sea salt and pepper. Continue to cook until vegetables are soft and shrimp is cooked through. When done, remove from heat and set aside.
- Serve with cauliflower rice (or cooked white rice) immediately and drizzle with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce.