My Gluten-Free Ham Cheddar and Ramp Scones are the perfect Spring treat. Filled with leftover Easter ham and fresh picked wild leeks (aka Ramps), these scones are perfect for anytime of the day.
The secret to making the best Gluten-Free Scones is using THIS amazing mix, specially created for baked goods like cookies, scones and biscuits.
If you aren’t gluten-free, don’t worry you can simply make this recipe using organic all purpose flour too.
And while we’re talking about substitutions, if you don’t have any ramps feel free to use wild leeks, green onions, scallions or even fresh chives. But trust me, using fresh spring ramps is the BEST.
- 2 cups Gluten Free London Mix or organic AP flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (aluminim free)
- 1 tablespoon Sugar or honey
- 1 teaspoon Homemade Seasoned Salt
- 1/2 cup Organic Grass-Fed Butter or Ghee 1 stick
- 3/4 cup Sour Cream (organic, cultured) or buttermilk
- 1/3 cup chopped ramps wild leeks, onions, chives, scallions, etc.
- 1/2 cup diced Ham
- 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine london mix sugar, baking powder and seasoned salt. Add cold butter, using your fingers to work the butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Stir in sour cream, cheese, ham and chives until a soft dough forms. (If needed, add water 1 tablespoon at a time)
- Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. Using a rolling pill, roll the dough into an 8″ circle, about 1-inch thick, and cut into 8 wedges.
- Place scones onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until firm to the touch and lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.