It was love at first bite, these Gluten Free Wild Ramp Fritters are a delicious and creative way to use springs best wild foraged treat!
Can you tell that we are Ramp obsessed?? Ramp season doesn’t last very long so we try to enjoy them as often as possible when they are fresh. These delicious Ramp Fritters will make even the most picky eater a Ramp lover too!
Ramps, also knowns as wild leeks are found in April/May in the Appalachian Mountain region. Notoriously known for their deliciously strong flavor when eaten raw, but when cooked they become mellow and sweet.
I try to creatively sneak them into each meal while they are in season and these Ramp Fritters are our new favorite side dish.
It was love at first bite and I think you’ll agree.
Gluten Free Wild Ramp Fritters
- 1/2 cup Gluten Free Flour or organic all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (aluminim free)
- 1 teaspoon Homemade Seasoned Salt
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 large Egg(s) beaten
- 1/2 cup Sparkling Mineral Water COLD
- 3 cups coarsely chopped Ramps (both bulbs and greens)
- 1/4+ cup Organic Grass-Fed Butter or Ghee
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, seasoned salt and parmesan cheese.
- Add eggs and cold mineral water, mix until a smooth batter.
- Fold in chopped ramps.
- Heat ghee in a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Drop spoonfulls of the ramp fritter batter (roughly 2 tablespoons) in to the hot skillet.
- Cook each fritter 1-2 minutes per side, or until lightly browned and cooked through. Even if they get a little dark they are still delicious.
- Transfer cooked fritters to a paper towel lined plate and season with sea salt.
- While they are delicious served warm, right out of the skillet.. they are also great eaten cold as a leftover lunch/snack.