Bombay Beef Bowls with Tiki Sauce
I have to admit that the idea of combining meat with cinnamon and mango wasn’t something I would generally toss together in my kitchen – however they work beautifully together. Don’t be afraid of trying this unique combination of flavors and textures, trust me this is the kind of dish that you’ll fall in love with at first bite!
And it’s totally beautiful, right???
And when I got some amazing Grass Fed Ground Beef from Butcher Box this month – I immediately knew that I needed to create something awesome!
What is Butcher Box??
It’s an undeniable fact that when it comes to the foods we nourish our bodies with, Quality Counts — Especially when it comes to the animal products we eat, it’s imperative that you ALWAYS select Grass Fed, Pasture & Humanely Raised Meats for your optimal health.
And Butcher Box makes these essential, high quality proteins available to EVERYONE – In an affordable and convenient way!
The awesome folks at Butcher Box curate monthly boxes of meat (a variety of cuts of beef, chicken, pork – individually or in combination per your choice) and ship it right to your home. Perfect for anyone who doesn’t have access to local, high quality meats or need help simplifying their routines.
Through partnering with a collective of small farms Butcher Box is able to purchase in large quantities and pass the savings along to you. Their products are cheaper than what you’d find at large grocery stores, of the utmost quality, and delivered directly to your door.
Butcher Box starts at $129/month and that includes 15 – 20 meals worth of meat in each monthly box. It works out to only $7/meal (at a 6 – 8 oz large-adult portion sizes). They also Include FREE shipping to the contiguous 48 states!
Each box also comes with awesome recipes to help inspire you to create healthy-deliciousness for your family from your monthly order too!
Seasoned Ground Beef
- 1 pound Ground Beef (venison & bison would be awesome too!)
- 1 tablespoon organic cumin
- 1 tablespoon organic chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- - Sea Salt
- - Black Pepper
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons organic cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped cilantro
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- - Sea Salt to taste
- - Black Pepper to taste
For the Bowl
- Fresh Baby Spinach
- Bean Sprouts
- Grated Carrot
- Sweet Peppers Grilled, Sautéed or Stir Fried
- Onion Grilled, Sautéed or Stir Fried
- Zucchini or Summer Squash Grilled, Sautéed or Stir Fried
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Saffron Rice <-- Get my Recipe
- chopped mango
- Combine Tiki Sauce ingredients & mix well. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Can be made up to 5 days in advance.
- In a large skillet cook ground meat with seasonings, onions & garlic. Set aside to cool slightly while assembling bowls.
- Grill, Sautee or Stir fry Peppers, Onions and Zucchini Squash. Set aside to cool slightly while assembling bowls.
- To assemble Bombay Bowls: Place a generous serving of baby spinach in the bottom, top with Rice, Meat & cooked veggies. Garnish with bean sprouts, carrots and cilantro. Drizzle with Tiki Sauce. Enjoy!!
Looks AMAZING … But you forgot the mango in the instructions
Oops! Thanks Rachel – you just chop your mango and serve it in your bowl! I’ll get it added!