This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. All opinions are entirely my own.
Football season is HUGE in our house; my husband loves all things football and much of our social calendar in the fall & winter revolves around it when his favorite teams are playing. And over the past +/- 17 years we’ve been in our house, a lot of our football watching time has been spent in the company of friends and family.
We became famous for our HUGE game-day parties with our house overflowing with people and FOOD.
While Ray LOVES football, he’s also superstitious about games. He can’t GO to the game, he MUST stay home, and ‘Homegate’.
Homegating is where you have all the game day fun, only at home instead of going to the game.
But as the kids grew up, the adults got busier and, personally, our lives became more health-centered, all which made our game-day homegating celebrations fewer and further between.
Today, we still enjoy homegating on game days, only in a much more wholesome way.
Instead of reaching for chips, pizza and beer, we’re enjoying Waldorf Chicken Kale Wraps with grapes and sparkling mineral water!
I’ll admit that RARELY will you find a package of breaded chicken tenders in my freezer, I’m more of a make-from-scratch-kind-of-cook BUT while I was shopping at Kroger recently, I saw these Tyson® Naturals Lightly Breaded Chicken Breast Strips in the frozen section! I couldn’t resist picking them up for our upcoming game day celebration.
Just like many of you, sometimes I get busy and sometimes I just want an easier option. I’m far from perfect BUT I always choose the more wholesome option.
Nutritious can be delicious and easy!
There are 3 things that drew me to the Tyson Naturals Lightly Breaded Chicken Breast Strips:
- All specially marked Tyson Naturals chicken (fresh/refrigerated/frozen) products are made with chicken that are raised with no antibiotics ever and have no added hormones or steroids.
- 65% LESS BREADING so you get your breaded chicken strip fix without the extra breading (being honest, you seriously won’t miss it either)
- Fully cooked and just need heating up in the oven, no long cook times and no messy frying
They seriously taste as delicious as they look.
Maybe a little too delicious!
I like to take old things and make them new again, like doing a DIY Kitchen Makeover and turning old-dated-recipes into something new and exciting with my Waldorf Chicken Kale Wraps!
All the flavors of a Waldorf salad only made modern; using lightly breaded chicken, adding kale and serving it up in a wrap with tangy cranberry Dijon mayonnaise and grapes on the side.
We enjoyed these wraps while watching Saturday college football with our niece, Caitlyn, who eagerly took all the leftovers home to make Waldorf Chicken Kale Wraps for her lunch the next week!
for the cranberry dijon mayo
- Soak dried cranberries in water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Using a blender or food processor, combine soaked cranberries, mayonnaise and dijon mustard until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Prepare chicken strips according to package directions.
- Smear each tortilla with cranberry dijon mustard, top with kale, apple, red onion, chicken and walnuts. Roll up and a secure with a toothpick.
- Serve each wrap with grapes on the side, Enjoy!