I wanted Steak for dinner and luckily I found 2 beautiful grass fed, beef tenderloin filets in the freezer… I got them seasoned up and sitting to warm to room temperature before cooking. Potatoes are always a logical choice with steak at our house, decided on parsley potatoes today… But I still need a veggie. I had leftover steamed cauliflower in the fridge, but to be honest.. I just couldn’t imagine putting together a meal with 2 white sides (potato and cauliflower) So, in a moment of desperation, I decided to finish up the spinach.. and I had just opened a can of coconut milk.. “OH, What the heck,” I thought.. I’ll make creamed spinach with coconut milk! And.Let.Me.Tell.You. It was awesome. So awesome, I decided to immediately get this recipe post written! There’s a couple reasons why this recipe is so amazing… It’s Yummy for starters. It’s easy. It’s cheap. It’s accommodating for any style of eating; vegans, vegetarians and allergy-diets, just by switching up your fats. A very versatile dish. (NOTE 5-20-14: this is also amazing with KALE instead of spinach and use to make my Creamy Kale Baked Eggs)
- In a large skillet, over medium then sauté onions and garlic until soft in your healthy fat.
- Add Spinach and toss, feel free to add a little more oil if needed.
- Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of crushed red pepper to taste.
- Reduce heat to med/low and add the coconut milk, stir well.
- Allow to heat/simmer slightly to reduce for about 1-2 minutes.