One of my most fond holiday memories is Easter Dinner at my grandmothers house. She would put out a small jar of homemade Horseradish Beet Relish to have with our easter ham and hard boiled eggs. The sweet, hot & tangy flavors are so unique. I adapted her recipe to be a probiotic-fermented relish so that it’s not just really yummy but wonderfully healthy addition to any meal.
- In your blender or food processor combine horseradish, beets & whey. Process until finely chopped (not blended smooth) into a grated-like consistency.
- Pour mixture into a 2 quart mason/canning jar, adding sea salt.
- Cover jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Allow jar to sit at room temperature and out of direct sun light .
- Open jar daily to allow any built up gases to release.
- After 3 -4 days transfer your jar to the refrigerator.
- Relish is ready to eat and will keep for up to a year in the fridge.