I remember years back when those yogurt whips first came out, I bought a bunch of every flavor because I loved them so much… then promptly ate all of them in a just a few day #fail. Fast forward to today, I’d never dream of eating those processed, toxic yogurts but that doesn’t mean I can’t have all the fluffy deliciousness I remember. With my Homemade Strawberry Whips you won’t feel guilty, even if you eat the whole batch in one setting ….. not that I ever did that, no, not me, I’d never 😉
However, I did eat one while taking photos because I just couldn’t resist, they really are delicious!
Perhaps the best part of this recipe is that it is made with just 5 healthy, real-food ingredients (Cream Cheese, Heavy Cream or Creme Fraiche, Strawberries, Gelatin and Sweetener of your choice) compared to the 14 mostly gross-ingredients you’ll find in the store bought variety. After just one bite you’ll be eagerly making double and triple batches every week just like me!
By using cultured Creme Fraiche instead of heavy cream, you can add a probiotic PUNCH to your Homemade Strawberry Whips, if you can’t find it locally, make it yourself.
Just add 1 tablespoon of cultured buttermilk to 1 cup of heavy cream and allow it to set at room temperature over night. Chill for a few hours before whipping into a cultured whipped cream!
They are perfect served in these adorable little Weck Tulip Jars, have I mentioned previously that I’m obsessed with them?!?! Buy them HERE and don’t forget to grab the matching plastic lids HERE, trust me you’ll love them too..
- In your food processor, combine cream cheese, strawberries, 1/2 cup cream and sweetener. Process until smooth, using a rubber spatula to wipe down the sides as necessary.
- Using an electric mixer, whip 1 cup of cream on medium/high speed. Be careful not to over whip, it will turn into butter.
- In a small bowl, combine hot water and gelatin. Mix well to dissolve.
- Add gelatin to food processor and process quickly to combine.
- Working in small batches, gently fold strawberry mixture into the whipped cream. (feel free to us your mixer on the low)
- Fill your jars with the whipped fluffiness, cover with lids and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours before serving.