This low carb and Keto Shrimp Alfredo Recipe is a fast 10 minute meal that’s a healthy dinner option. In this recipe, we use fresh asparagus and a homemade Alfredo sauce for a delicious meal the whole family will enjoy with only 1 gram of carb per serving.
Shrimp and asparagus swimming in a delicious creamy Alfredo sauce almost seems too decadent to be a meal on it’s own. But when you’re eating keto we’re ditching the carbs and embracing all the healthy fats, you can enjoy a dish like this everyday of the week!
And once you try this recipe you’ll agree with me (and the thousands of others who have tried this recipe) that this is the BEST keto recipe for shrimp you’ll ever eat!
Asparagus lovers, here are a Healthy Asparagus recipes you might enjoy:
- Healthy Sheet Pan Shrimp Asparagus Potato Dinner Recipe
- Oven Baked Salmon Asparagus & Spaghetti Squash with Lemon Beurre Blanc
- Keto Cream of Asparagus Soup
How to make Keto Alfredo Shrimp
In less than 10 minutes, you can have this delicious keto shrimp recipe on the table with just a few common ingredients you probably already have in your fridge!
And by a “few” ingredients, I really mean there are ONLY 5 ingredients in this shrimp recipe; Butter, Shrimp, Asparagus, Cream and Parmesan Cheese. If you are feeling fancy, sprinkle a little parsley and parmesan garnish on top.
Grab your favorite large skillet, give your shrimp & asparagus a quick sauté over medium-high heat, then add the Alfredo ingredients then — > Boom. Dinner is served.
When a gluten-free meal is this easy and quick, meal prep is kinda obsolete, right?!?
You can swap the parmesan cheese for Romano or Asiago if you’d prefer and feel free to toss in a few cloves garlic or pinch of red pepper flakes if you’re looking for an extra pop of flavor in your low-carb Shrimp Alfredo Recipe.
Doesn’t it look delicious???
What side dishes go best with Keto Shrimp Alfredo?
The sky is the limit when it comes to side dishes for this keto-friendly shrimp recipe with only 1 grams net carb. But here’s a few that I like the best:
- Keto Pasta of your choice, including spaghetti squash, zucchini noodles or Zero Carb Pasta
- Cauliflower rice
- Sautéed Vegetables; in place of the asparagus or in addition to. Broccoli, bell peppers, onions, etc.
- Steak. Go ahead laugh but when you’re eating keto it’s all about the zero carb foods so do your surf & turf best with a side of steak.
- Dry White Wine counts as a side dish right!?! CLICK HERE For my favorite keto friendly wine or keep an eye out for my upcoming tutorial on how to make keto wine at home in a week!
Keto Shrimp Recipes FAQ
Is shrimp ok on a keto diet?
Yes, shrimp has zero carbs making it the perfect keto diet food!
Is heavy whipping cream keto?
Yes, both cream and heavy cream are permitted on the keto diet
What is a good non-dairy substitute for heavy cream?
If you don’t have or don’t like heavy cream, you can use full fat coconut cream instead!
Can I use olive oil instead of butter in Alfredo sauce?
Generally speaking, you can use any fat in Alfredo Sauce but butter has the best flavor in my opinion!
If you’re eating a Keto Diet, you’ll love these recipes:
- Keto Lobster Roll Salad Recipe
- Keto Grilled Firecracker Salmon Recipe
- Keto Asian Sweet & Spicy Mayo Sauce Recipe
- Best Keto Hard Seltzer Drinks for Camping
- Best Keto Snack for Hiking
Easy Keto Shrimp Alfredo Recipe with Asparagus
- Toss shrimp with salt and pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté shrimp in butter until opaque, 2-3 minutes.
- Add asparagus, sauté 1-2 minutes.
- Add cream and cheese, reduce heat and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is thickened.
- Enjoy immediately.