Spinach & Feta Pizza Squares
Sometimes the yummiest meals are the ones that just come together using up stuff in your fridge, that’s what happened with my Spinach & Feta Pizza Squares!! I totally intended for them to be flop. Never thought that they might actually be a recipe we would love immediately. The bottom layer is packed with spinach, mushrooms, feta cheese, ricotta cheese and eggs, it’s got just enough body to stay together in a square when cut, but still creamy & cheesy enough to melt in your mouth. Top it all off with your favorite pizza sauce, cheese and toppings that your family likes — bake & enjoy! And as much as we enjoyed this straight out of the oven, it was even BETTER after it cooled to room temperature – it would make an awesome take to work lunch eaten cold or since it’s got lots of healthy eggs you could even have it for a quick breakfast on the go!!
- 2 cups Ricotta Cheese
- 3 l;arge eggs
- 1 cup Sauteed Mushrooms
- 1 cup cooked spinach 1/2 a 10 ounce box of frozen spinach, thawed
- 1 cup Feta Cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 cup Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzerella Cheese
- Pizza Topping of your choice (pepperoni sausage, olives, green peppers, onions, etc)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In large bowl combine all ingredients except pizza sauce, cheese & toppings.
- Pour mixture into a buttered 2 quart casserole dish or 9x9 square, preferably glass or stoneware - spread evenly
- Top with Sauce, Cheese and Toppings
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 10 minutes
- Cut into squares & enjoy!
I just pulled this out of the oven this morning and stole a spoonful as it was cooling. All I can say is Oh My Goodness. This is delicious. Thank you so much for sharing this recipe. Such a keeper!
Who knew pizza could be so healthy…….. Love this !!!