If you are eating a low-carb/ketogenic diet or simply looking for ways to add extra, health building, satiating fats into your real food lifestyle, these Lemon Macadamia Fat Bombs are perfect for you!
To put it simply, these Fat Bombs are Da’Bomb!
I’m funny, huh?!?
Alright, probably not. But worth a try.
Chock-full of healthy fats and flavored with a burst of fresh lemon and chunky macadamia nuts, these delicious fat bombs are my new favorite snack. Best straight out of the refrigerator or freezer, they are cool and refreshing.
For me, having a few of these Lemon Macadamia Fat Bombs on hand, is a very helpful way to keep my macros balance. If at the end of the day, I’m low on fat (which can be harder to get in sometimes) I know I can have a couple of these without too many carbs or extra protein.
Using the calculations in my favorite macro tracking app, each has 105 calories with 11 grams fat, .65 grams protein and <1 carb each.
To make the same size/shape of fat bombs that I do, I recommend THIS silicon pan, one batch of my Lemon Macadamia Fat Bombs will yield 30 servings.
You’ll need to add a touch of sugar-free sweetness to balance out the sour lemon. There’s much debate in the low carb community regarding acceptable, healthy sweeteners.
To stay on the safe side, I recommend using a few drops of liquid stevia in this recipe. However, if you don’t enjoy the flavor of stevia, I have also successfully made these with THIS Keto-friendly sweetener.
Everyone’s body is different. THIS sweetener doesn’t kick me out of ketosis, stall my weight-loss or raise my blood sugar, when I consume it in small amounts – AND it tastes very close to regular sugar.
- 6 ounces Organic Coconut Oil (unrefined)
- 1 ounce cocao butter
- 2 ounces Organic Coconut Cream Concentrate
- 3 tablespoons Blanched Almond Flour
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut flour
- 1 splash Vanilla
- 1 pinch Sea Salt
- 1 medium lemon, juiced & zested
- Liquid Stevia to taste
- 1/2 cup organic shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1/2 cups macadamia nuts
- In a small sauce pan, over low heat melt coconut oil, coconut cream concentrate and cocoa butter.
- In your blender, combine melted mixture with the flours, vanilla, stevia, lemon juice/zest and stevia (adjust stevia to taste). Blend for 1+ minutes until well combined.
- Add shredded coconut and macadamia nuts, pulse a few times to combine and lightly chop.
- Portion into bitesized balls or press into a silicone mold and freeze until firm. Enjoy frozen or refrigerated.