Paleo Chicken & Turkey Gravy
In all the years I’ve been cooking, today I made the very best chicken gravy (and it will work the exact same if your making a turkey gravy) I can’t even begin to explain how good this gravy is… and the most amazing part is that it’s Gluten free & Paleo Friendly… Heck even low carb and dairy free!!
As always, the better quality your ingredients are, the better your end result will be!
Gluten Free/Paleo Chicken Gravy
- 2 tablespoons Reserved pan drippings or schmaltz, ghee or butter
- 3 tablespoons organic potato starch or arrowroot
- 2 cups Chicken Bone Broth or any other broth
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (canned) or heavy cream
- - Homemade Seasoned Salt to taste
- In a small skillet, heat fat over medium/high heat.
- Whisk in arrowroot powder until smooth, heat for about 1 minute
- Gradually add in your chicken broth/stock, whisking constantly until smooth
- Reduce heat to medium/low, barely simmering
- Add a pinch of garlic powder, onion powder and dried parsley*, Season to taste with Sea Salt and fresh ground Black Pepper.
- Whisk in heavy cream or coconut milk (preferably the thick cream from the top of the can)
Wow! That is really delicious! I used Better Than Bullion for the broth and added some cooked, chopped chicken. It was heavenly over Arborio rice. With a side of roasted Delicata squash it was comfort food at its finest.
This gravy was delicious! We have been missing simple things like this since going Paleo. Thanks for bringing back some comfort food for us!