In all the years I’ve been cooking, today I made the very best chicken gravy (and it will work the exact same if your making a turkey gravy) I can’t even begin to explain how good this gravy is… and the most amazing part is that it’s Gluten free & Paleo Friendly… Heck even low carb and dairy free!!
As always, the better quality your ingredients are, the better your end result will be!
Gluten Free/Paleo Chicken Gravy
- In a small skillet, heat fat over medium/high heat.
- Whisk in arrowroot powder until smooth, heat for about 1 minute
- Gradually add in your chicken broth/stock, whisking constantly until smooth
- Reduce heat to medium/low, barely simmering
- Add a pinch of garlic powder, onion powder and dried parsley*, Season to taste with Sea Salt and fresh ground Black Pepper.
- Whisk in heavy cream or coconut milk (preferably the thick cream from the top of the can)