This recipe is one that’s been in my life since my very first job at the Spring House in Eight-Four, Pa. It’s a small, family owned and operated dairy farm with a farm store & restaurant. I started working there as a cashier and before too long I found myself helping in the kitchen (I always LOVED to cook). The BEST part of working there was that we got FREE meals. Anything you wanted to eat & drink while you were there. All home cooked, yummy foods. Everyday they had a menu of food items available, all were so good! Their sweet potato casserole was always my favorite! While my sweet potato casserole isn’t their recipe, it’s VERY similar to what I remember theirs to be. Creamy mashed sweet potato base with a nutty – candy topping! And check out how I cook my sweet potatoes in my crock pot (no stove or oven needed!) Click HERE for my recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F
- In a medium bowl, mix mashed sweet potatoes, 1/2 cup coconut sugar, egg, salt, vanilla, coconut milk, 1/2 cup shredded coconut and 2 Tablespoons butter together.
- Pour into a 9 x 9 square baking dish
- Combine 1/2 cup coconut sugar, pecans and 1/2 shredded coconut together and sprinkle over top of casserole
- Dot with 2 Tablespoons of butter pieces
- Bake at 325 for 15 minutes