This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older. #SipTheSummer #UncorkExtraordinary #SantaMargheritaWines #CollectiveBias
I’ve lightened up a traditional sangria with fresh strawberries, bright lemon and sparkling Rosé wine to make the Best Cocktail of Summer; Sparkling Strawberry Rosé Wine Sangria! Perfect for celebrating National Rosé Day or just kicking back to enjoy a warm summer night guilt-free, with only 160 calories per serving!
What is Sangria?
Sangria is a Spanish punch that traditionally consists of red wine and chopped fruit, often with other ingredients, such as orange juice or brandy. For the summertime, we’re going to lighten things up and ditch the heavy flavors for a lighter style made with Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé, fresh spring strawberries with a punch of lemon!
However, we are not going to use any old Sparkling Rosé…
Unlike a traditional Sangria where you’ll add lots of sugar, strong rum and powerful citrus that mask the flavor of the wine, this summertime sangria lets the wine be the shining star!
Why Santa Margarita Sparkling Rosé?
Santa Margherita is proud of their tradition as one of the leading premium wine brands, especially in the super premium white and sparkling wine categories.
Their Sparkling Rosé is a pale pink wine that brings a full bouquet of pleasing floral aromas with hints of red berry, artfully crafted with a blend of white wine made from Chardonnay, Glera grapes and Malbec. Its flavor is delicate but vibrant and well rounded, remaining on the palate and making this a deliciously easy-drinking wine.
5 Reasons to choose Santa Margherita:
- Versatility: Perfect wine to enjoy at home, at a restaurant or give as a gift. Santa Margherita is perfect for every occasion.
- Premium Wines: Santa Margherita is proud to produce premium, high-quality wines. It’s a wine that lives up to what your life is about – enjoying it to the fullest.
- Tradition: Proud to be a classic Italian wine brand grounded in everyday elegance.
- Personable: Santa Margherita’s character inspires wine drinkers to be true to themselves and enjoy all that life has to offer with the people they care about most – friends and family.
- Sustainability: Santa Margherita began with a personal and passionate commitment to preserving the environment. Environmental, economic and social considerations have been the core touchstones of the company and they continue to honor that with efforts in every facet of how the wineries operate, upholding the highest standards: sustainable, eco-friendly, vegan-friendly and energy efficient.
And Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé is conveniently available at my local Kroger, where I do most of my shopping! But I have also found it at my local drugstores, supercenter stores and liquor stores as well.
How to Make Sparkling Strawberry Rosé Wine Sangria
Making my Sparkling Strawberry Rosé Wine Sangria is super easy! Simply place sliced strawberries and lemons in a pitcher. Add a little vodka and lemonade, and then top it all off with Santa Margherita Sparkling Rosé!
Since we’re using delicate fresh berries, you don’t want to assemble this sangria ahead of time. It’s best served fresh, so the berries aren’t soggy, and the Sparkling Rosé is still bubbly!
This recipe will yield roughly 8 servings, so if you’re serving a large group, plan to make multiple batches!
But just promise you won’t skip on the garnishes! You only live once and it’s your responsibility to make every day count!!!
Is Sparkling Strawberry Rosé Wine Sangria Healthy?
By omitting the excess liquor, ditching the sugar and opting for a Rosé instead of red wine, this Sangria is a healthier way to indulge in a cocktail. It’s lower in carbs and calories, making it the perfect bikini season drink!
To make this Sparkling Strawberry Rosé Wine Sangria even lighter, feel free to fill the glasses only 3/4 of the way full then top the rest off with your favorite sparkling mineral water for a Sangria Spritzer! You can also completely omit the vodka for a wine only version.
How will you be enjoying my Sparkling Strawberry Rosé Wine Sangria this summer??
Here’s a few delicious summer-friendly recipes that pair well with Rosé that you might like:
- Campfire Grilled Shrimp and Scallops with Magic Creamy Cajun Mustard Sauce
- Grilled Guacamole Flank Steak with Halloumi Kebobs
- Grilled Ham Steak with Maple Orange Glaze
Yours in Health,
The Best Cocktail of Summer; Sparkling Strawberry Rosé Wine Sangria
- 1 bottle Santa Margherita Sparkling Rose chilled
- 8 ounces vodka
- 2 cups lemonade*
- 1 pint strawberries sliced
- 1 medium lemon sliced
- Sangria Pitcher and glass set
- Fresh Mint for garnish
- Strawberries for garnish
- sparkling water for a spritzer
- In a pitcher place sliced strawberries and lemon.
- Add Vodka, if desired.
- Add lemonade. You can use homemade or store bought.
- Fill the pitcher up with chilled Santa Margherita Sparkling Rose
- Serve in stemed glasses with ice. Garnish with a halved strawberry and fresh mint. Top glasses with sparkling water for a lighter Sangria Spritzer.