Healthier than take out and totally delicious, my Paleo Honey Walnut Shrimp will be your new favorite recipe! Crispy battered shrimp tossed in a creamy, sweet mayonnaise mixture, topped with caramelized walnuts. What’s not to love about that?
And it’s Grain/Gluten/Dairy- Free so it’s perfect for your Paleo Diet, too! But keep in mind that since there is sugar/sweeteners included, it’s a recipe best saved for special occasions and celebrations.
We love this Paleo Honey Walnut Shrimp served with a generous side of steamed broccoli and white rice or cauliflower rice.
- In a small saucepan, stir together the sugar and water. Bring to a boil and add the walnuts. Boil for 2 minutes, then drain and spread the walnuts on a cookie sheet to dry.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, honey, and sweetened condensed milk. Set aside.
- Whip the egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy. Stir in the arrowroot powder until it has a pasty consistency.
- Heat the oil in a heavy, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Dip the shrimp into the egg batter, and then fry in the hot oil until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Toss the cooked shrimp to coat in the sauce and sprinkle the candied walnuts on top.