I’ve been on a mission lately to clean out the frezer & pantry of all the odds-n-ends that have accumulated. The good part isn’t just opening up free space or being more organized – It’s the creative and delicious recipes I make up like these Gluten-Free Sun Dried Tomato and Feta Crackers!
In the freezer I found block of feta cheese and in the pantry I found a bag of sun dried tomatoes with zesty peppers and leftover gluten free flour which inspired me to make a crispy-cheesy-cracker, of course!
They are kinda like a cheez-it or a cheese straw with an Italian twist. Regardless they are addictively delicious and completely gluten-free!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a cookie sheet with a silicone liner or parchment paper.
- Using your food processor, pulse to combine feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes, flour, seasoned salt and butter until it makes a coarse crumble.
- Add buttermilk and process for roughly 10 seconds or until a ball of dough is formed.
- Transfer dough onto a floured surface and work with your hands as needed . Dough can be rolled out and cut into shapes OR simply divided into roughly 80 equal portions (using a small cookie dough scoop) then roll each into a ball and press out flat directly on your lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes (edges will be lightly brown).
- Remove pan from oven and let the crackers rest on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Crackers will get crispy as they cool.
- Enjoy fresh or store in an air tight container for 3 days.